1) STRUCTURE OF THE WORKSHOP – you are given a large amount of information in a step by step progression, each piece of information builds upon the next to ensure the information will be retained in an optimum way
2) CREATE MORE THAN ONE THROUGHOUT the WORKSHOP – you will be designing several mandalas using different techniques and materials so that you can get a more rounded experience in making them before moving on to making the size displayed here (12” X 12”)
3) INTIMATE ENVIRONMENT – the workshop is intentionally small to provide a safe, intimate environment to learn and share with other participants and get personalized attention
4) INTERACTIVE EXERCISES – with each section of the workshop, you will apply the principles in exercises to make sure you have an understanding of the material presented
5) MORE THAN ONE PERSPECTIVE – this workshop draws on a variety of resources so you will be given different points of view about mandalas to consider
6) IN-PERSON, COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT – unlike webinars and teleseminars, this is an in-person workshop where you will be interacting with the facilitator and the other participants throughout and given lots of visuals and tangible materials to utilize throughout the workshop and to take home for future use. All your senses will be used during the course of the workshop
7) YOUR REWARD – a comprehensive introduction to the various types of mandalas, the cultures they come from, how they can be used, personal experience in making them and sharing your experience with others as well as hearing other views on their results to offer a wider understanding on how mandalas effect people in their own personal way.
And last but not least by any means, the actual experience you will have increating your own personal healing mandala that holds meaning for you alone.
It is an amazing transformation in watching yourself start with a blank paper and
develop a design of where you are in your life, then learn how to read into this
design and understand yourself in ways you may not have realized. To see the
finished product, you will find it truly inspiring that it was of your own creation.
Then to know how to use your creation in your daily life to enhance and provide
a focal point to guide you in the future.
Even if you choose not to make another mandala again after this class, what you’ve learned will stay with you and can be of service when you are in need of answers, often when you least expect it.
I have spent five years researching a variety of other mandala workshops offered and chose to go into a different direction than the others. In studying their class schedules, I found some to be an overwhelming amount of information in a concentrated amount of time (2 day weekend workshop), making it difficult to retain what information has been given. Or, spread out over several weeks in a shorter time frame, often at the end of the day when you are tired. Comprehension is limited due to the shorter class time, diluting information in bite size pieces and spread out makes a bit of a disconnection from the materials previously covered and does not allow for time to be able to apply what is covered in that session.
This workshop is broken down into what I believe to be a more effective and valuable setting taking in consideration the time of day, ability to retain information without overloading you all at once and giving you an active part in the process. It begins with four intense hours of building the information in a step by step process with exercises to apply what was just learned. Then given a homework assignment, allowing what was uncovered in the first session to marinate and provide insight for the completion of the homework. Then to return the following week with a solid foundation of knowledge, experience and insight to again spend four more intense hours sharing your viewpoint, listen to and see others results, and discover how this information personally benefits you in numerous ways both now and in the future.